SustainSpace encourages the reuse of space technology to benefit sustainability endeavors back on Earth, and in turn for those endeavors to support futher space development.
- Mark Ciotola, editor. Mark has experience with geosciences, aerospace, information technology, and policy. (JD, MBA, BA Physics, Grad Cert Space Sciences).
- Afshin Khan, writer. Afshin has experience with biology, plants and entrepreneurship. (BS, MS in Biotechnology, Singularity University alumnus and PhD candidate).
This site focuses on high performance sustainability technologies, especially related to closed-loop life support, especially those that can be reused for sustainability purposes on Earth. Some coverage is also given to the use of remote sensing for sustainability purposes.
Technologies are organized into the following categories:
- Air (air recycling, sensing, clean-up)
- Astroculture (space crop chambers, agriculture)
- Comprehensive (systems supplying multiple human needs)
- Energy (generation, storage, distribution, monitoring)
- Waste Recycling (solid waste recycling)
- Water (wastewater treatment, drought mitigation)
- Blogging about space technologies that have potential for sustainability purposes on Earth
- Concept and product development